Learn the story behind this metal sculpture ...

After spending so much time in Beth’s company lately, I have found myself under the influence of her creative spell. Saturday after leaving the studio, I went home and put together this urn filled with rose hips from a bush outside my kitchen window. Beth put together a large scale version in the front window of the design studio for the opening. Simple, but visually dramatic.



Beth and I have been creating in tandem. I brought in this vintage fireplace tool set (thanks, CC!) ...


Beth figured it would be the perfect piece to
hang her antique paper jewelry necklaces ...




To help visitors “read the fine print
I brought in a couple of magnifying glasses ...


I hung this black framed mirror in my garden room ...


and Beth’s dried nigella flower swag is its perfect compliment. While some of Beth’s items are showcased best in small scale vignettes like this shadow box ...


Some favorite objects that I have displayed are interesting because of their large scale.




Something Beth and I have always had in common is our love for all things green. I know that Beth’s work with moss inspired my own design for the North Shore Design Show: Tablescapes held at the Wenham Museum last May.


Many of these custom-designed items are
now on display in my designer corner.


Here is my little bunny friend in Wenham ...


who has now found a home in Beth’s shop,
just like me!




Advertisement


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top