A sneak peek of the foundation of my designed space:
Turkish carpet of Mahal design from First Rugs, Danvers
handspun wool, vegetal dyes, 6' 7" x 8' 11" $5,900


This week I have been at the Wenham Museum setting up my space for the North Shore Design Show. On Monday, my darling husband, John, took time off to help me transport my items from home to the museum. He helped with all the heavy lifting and even the drapery installation. He is the best (even if he doesn’t feel the same way about design as I do : )





Fall Rose & Gardenia Bouquet 15" tall $530


One of the fabulous items on display – and for sale – is this beautiful centerpiece created by Diane James Home which is based in Connecticut. Since the show will run for over a week, I chose this permanent arrangement to grace my “town and country” setting. I would highly recommend these realistic designs to anyone decorating a second home or to those who are less inclined to water the real thing!

“Diane James Home is a luxury resource for limited-edition decorative floral arrangements and orchids, and botanically-inspired gifts. In 1997, the company launched its first collection at Bergdorf Goodman. Diane James’ designs are now sold at rine retailers and have graced many interiors, from country homes and modern lofts to chic hotels and fashion retailers. Made of the finest materials, with an artist’s attention to color and form, each seasonal collection encompasses a garden of possibilities.






Also sharing my space will be a stunning piece from the “romance inspired” collection from Dunes & Duchess. Read all about the New England-based designers Stacy Kunstel and Michael Partenio in this month’s Lonny Magazine p. 40. I have had the opportunity to get to know Stacy through many of the design-related events that I have attended recently. She is a doll! She was just interviewed on The Hidden List blog recently. Check it out to discover some favorite things of Boston’s very own “Duchess.”




Being surrounded by such good company is one of my favorite parts of any design show. The Gala Event on Friday night will be a great time to meet the talents behind the designs while enjoying a lot of pretty spaces, delicious food and festive drinks. I hope to see you there or sometime during the week. Click here for advance ticket information : )



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top