If you need to have to add some color and beauty to your bedroom, you should take into account creating a beautiful headboard. A headboard is not tough to make. So you can take this up as a do-it-oneself project. Right here is a simple outline of the actions required to generate an eye-catching headboard for your bed.
Ahead of you start, get these tools and components:
• headboard template
• edge decoration
• 16mm SupaWood
• universal undercoat
• enamel paint in the colour of your choice
• paint rollers and brushes
• paint trays
• drop sheets
• modge podge and varnish
• masking tape
• craft knife
1. Take measurements of your bed. Sketch the edge decoration of the headboard to scale on drawing paper (if you intend to use a design that is distinct from this). If you have a 3-quarter bed, you can use our headboard template.
two. Use the measurement of your bed to modify the template. Scale it up or down as required. Convert your border decoration into a digital format.
3. Take your 16mm SupaWood and the digital headboard design to a routing specialist for cutting. Just before you leave, make sure that all the measurements of the SupaWood headboard pattern match the dimensions of your bed.
4. Paint the headboard with universal undercoat. Enable it to dry fully and then apply a coat of enamel paint. After it has dried up thoroughly, apply a second coat.
5. Take the edge decoration in digital format for higher-resolution scanning. Print it exact size out on paper. Make confident that the edge decoration fits the headboard completely. Then cut the decoration out neatly.
6. Location the edge decoration unto the headboard. Use masking tape to tack it in position loosely. To make it less complicated to perform with, you can cut the paper into a quantity of panels. This will avoid it from folding up whilst you are operating with it.
7. Apply a layer of modge podge on the 1st component of the headboard where you want to location the edge decoration panel. Location the edge decoration panel on the modge podge and then apply a second layer of modge podge on the paper. Repeat this process for other paper panels and let them to dry thoroughly. Ultimately, use a craft knife to trim of the edges and seal them up with varnish.
Those are the standard measures essential to develop a lovely headboard. Do you have any comments about this procedure? Or do you feel there’s a greater way to generate a headboard? Please share your tips in your comments. Thanks.
Via tips mag
The post DIY Your Dream Headboard