Wedding & Lifestyle Photographer Lauren Kim supplied us with the following photos & recipe to share with you lovilees. Does this not appear too delicious for words?!
For the Pastry:
- 125g Butter
- two Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- two Tablespoons of Oil
- two Cups of Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the egg, oil and salt
- Add the flour and mix properly
- Press into a big flan dish
For the Filling:
- two Egg Yolks
- ¾ Cup of Sugar
- two Tablespoons of Flour
- ½ Tablespoon of Custard Powder
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 Egg Whites beaten until soft peak stage
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Fold in flour and custard powder
- Heat milk until Scant (till practically boiling – you will see the milk begin to ripple in the pan)
- Pour the hot milk more than the egg yolk mixture and mix properly.
- Pour the milky mixture back into the pan and stir until it is a thick consistency’
- Eliminate the pan from the heat and fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture in the pan
- Cook at 180 C until golden brown on prime (40 minutes)
Now all you have to do is to enjoy!