On Tuesday we showcased a lovilee Movember styled shoot by photographer, Yolande from YSP and stylist, Simone Kruger from Yellow Papaya. Today we give you the recipes that have been used also by Simone. These are such wonderful celebration recipes and excellent to whip out when obtaining a group of friends over…
The recipes incorporate:
- Mini Chilli Con Carne with Mielie Bread
- Mini Pita’s with Falafel, Hummus, Tzatziki and Brinjals
- Roasted Chicken wings Featured next week
- Salted Caramel ice-cream Coke Float Featured subsequent week
Mini Chilli Con Carne with Mielie Bread
For the Chilli Con Carne: makes 12
- 250g Beef Mince
- 100g Jam tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- two garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp rissies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp gerooktesout
- 1 eetlepelolyfolie
For the Mielie Bread:
- 1 cup of Polenta
- ¾ cup of flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of tinned sweetcorn
For the Chilli Con Carne:
- Fry the onions and the garlic till the onions are see-via.
- Add all the spices and fry for another minute.
- Add the mince and fry till it browns.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for one more 45 minutes.
- Stir often to ensure that the mince does not burn to the pot.
For the Mieliebread:
- Mix all the dry ingredients collectively
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the eggs, buttermilk and sweetcorn together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture, mix once again.
- Location the mixture in a oven pan for 30-35 minutes till the leading turns brown.
Mini Pita’s with Falafel, Hummus, Tzatziki & Brinjals tends to make 12
- Prepared-produced hummus
- Mini Pita Breads (from Woolworths)
- 3 Mini Brinjals, sliced very finely, lengthwise
For the Falafels:
- 1 tin Chickpeas
- two garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian Parsley
- 1 tbsp flour
- 500 ml oil for frying purposes
- Mix the chickpeas, garlic, cumin, salt, parsley and flour in a mixer till smooth.
- The mixture will thicken.
- Add table spoons of the dough into the warm oil and fry till golden brown.
- Get rid of with a spatula and place on kitchen towel to absorb some of the oil.
- After frying the falafels, fry 5 slices of brinjal till brown.
- Also take away and place on kitchen towel. Sprinkle with salt.
For the Tzatziki:
- Quarter cucumber, sliced in squares
- 250 ml unflavoured yogurt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the cucumber and yoghurt together. Add Salt & pepper to taste.
- To develop the completed pitas, add a bit of hummus on the pita.
- Location two mini falafels on the pita as nicely as a slce of brinjal.
- Lastly, add a spoon of Tzatziki.
A fantastic thank you to the following suppliers:
Photography: Yolande from YSP
Meals & Styling: Simone from Yellow Papaya
Massive Wire Moustache: The Desert Rose Project
Moustache Party Pack: Lovilee in collaboration with Match Set Love
Clips & Moustache bowls: In Good Business
Ring & Tie-pin: Smith Jewellery
Location, plates & Print: BLANK space